Let me tell you a story...

This little blog is about me, Hailey and my pursuit of happiness. I've decided to move on from modeling and to a new chapter of my life, artisry. I paint, I take pictures and I enjoy junking for vintage goods. All of this is done with lots of day dreaming in between.

I have a shop on Etsy that I just opened up in Feb 2009 and I am excited to see where it goes from there.

Thank you for your love and support.

Hailey

Friday, May 8, 2009

Tree Rings

Hi Friends!

It's been a few days since I blogged last. I've been busy with spring activities the last few days. I got some of my garden planted last night. I planted Cherry Tomatoes, Habanero Peppers, Califlower, Brocoli, Brussel Sprouts...and I think that's it. I still have more tomatoes to plant today, along with some parsley and squash. I'm pretty excited about my garden. I've never had one this big with this many varieties. Starting from seed I still have carrots, corn and radishes to do.


Besides that , I've been working on my Tree Rings when I have a few hours here and there. So far I only have one advertised on Etsy, but several more underway. It's a pretty neat process and I love it.


I start wtih a tree, that I then cut into a log, that I then slice a random size off that I then sand down into a circle that is then hollowed out. From there I finish it off, paint a disc of wood and attach it to the ring. It's interesting and way one of a kind. They haven't sold yet, but I think they will. I think they are pretty and my teenager sisters LOVE them.


It's another beautiful day today so I am anxious to get off work and go putt around in the yard and garden.


Thanks for reading!


Hailey


I try to update my store with something every day, so keep checking it out. xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger