Let me tell you a story...

This little blog is about me, Hailey and my pursuit of happiness. I've decided to move on from modeling and to a new chapter of my life, artisry. I paint, I take pictures and I enjoy junking for vintage goods. All of this is done with lots of day dreaming in between.

I have a shop on Etsy that I just opened up in Feb 2009 and I am excited to see where it goes from there.

Thank you for your love and support.

Hailey

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Love life











I didn't do any art yesterday.  I missed it all day.  Darren and I spent all morning with good friends and had a nice Thai lunch.  Later in the afternoon we went for a hike up Bells Canyon to the lower waterfall with our friend Paul.  It was such a lovely hike, although I felt like I was dying.  As I gasped for air with my lungs burning and my heart pounding I couldn't help notice how absolutely beautiful it all was.  It's been a couple years since I've gone hiking in the Wasatch Mountains of Utah and I suddenly felt guilty for letting so much time pass since I'd been up there.  

The flowers were blooming, like as though an artist had been up there throwing bits of yellow, purple and blue paint and every shade of green about.  As the sun made it's way closer to the Oquirrah Mountains the shades continued to change, becoming richer in shade as the darkness prepared to push it's way in.  

The waterfall was the most awesome waterfall I've ever experienced.  There was so much force of water, there was a fine spraying mist that tickled your skin and gave you goosebumps, the roar of the water was powerful and inspiring.  But most inspiring was to get up there.., feeling that misty spray, to see the sun gently setting in the distance with a view of the Salt Lake Valley in the arms of the man I love...  all I could think of was... I love life.  

So I am sharing some photos of our great hike.  I hope you all enjoy them and I hope they inspire you somehow in no matter what small way.  And thank you to Paul for taking us up there.  

Thanks for reading.

Hailey Rose


2 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful! I wish I could go. Thanks for posting photos.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hailey...Great Blog!! Awesome pics, and I truly appreciate your ability to look at yourself and express that and your feelings to people! You're an awesome artist. Awesome ideas and the main thing is to enjoy doing what you do! Please keep up the good work! You're doing GREAT! Roger Casanova, Austin Texas

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger