Let me tell you a story...

This little blog is about me, Hailey and my pursuit of happiness. I've decided to move on from modeling and to a new chapter of my life, artisry. I paint, I take pictures and I enjoy junking for vintage goods. All of this is done with lots of day dreaming in between.

I have a shop on Etsy that I just opened up in Feb 2009 and I am excited to see where it goes from there.

Thank you for your love and support.

Hailey

Thursday, June 18, 2009

What is "Upcycle?"


"Upcycle" (for those of you who do not know wikipedia says) Upcyclingis a component of sustainability in which waste materials are used to provide new products
. It is generally a reinvestment in the environment. "Upcycling is the practice of taking something that is disposable and transforming it into something of greater use and value."[citation needed] This process allows for the reduction of waste and virgin material use.

The term upcycling was coined by William McDonough andMichael Braungart, authors ofCradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things.

I enjoy upcycling. I love to take something that someone else no longer wants and put my bit of artistic twist on it. Here's something that I recently put my "twist" on:

I picked up this frame, it was ugly, but I could see through the ugly dark red and black tones to something of beauty. I pulled off the old yucky tape, took out the lame poem, sanded it a bit, painted it white, added some flexible points on the back to keep the picture in, added a couple sawtooth hangers, cleaned it up real pretty and then I put one of my original paintings in it.

This darling upcycled wall art is available in my Etsy store as of right now.

Come see my other upcycled items as well as my photographs, paintings and other items.


Thanks for reading.


Hailey Rose

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger