Let me tell you a story...

This little blog is about me, Hailey and my pursuit of happiness. I've decided to move on from modeling and to a new chapter of my life, artisry. I paint, I take pictures and I enjoy junking for vintage goods. All of this is done with lots of day dreaming in between.

I have a shop on Etsy that I just opened up in Feb 2009 and I am excited to see where it goes from there.

Thank you for your love and support.

Hailey

Thursday, June 11, 2009

So how did it go?


As many of you know, I got to experience my first ever art show this past weekend (June 4, 5 and 6).  And many of you have asked, "How did it go?"  In a word.....good.  Not great, not amazing, not horrible, just good.  I did not come home with wads of cash, I did not sell everything I took with me, and there was no way 20,000 people there (as had been advertised).  It was an emotional roller coaster and I learned I'd put way too much stress on myself before the show.  

The good:  I sold some stuff, met lots of nice people.  Got to see lots of other peoples art and enjoyed some delicious homemade donuts.  One of my neighbors turned out to be really awesome.  Her name is Kim and she makes stuff out of clay.  Here's her shop: ClaybyKim




Turned out...Kim and I had a couple interesting things in common.  1-  Artist ..gets more interesting, keep reading.. 2- her daughters name is Bailey (i'm Hailey) ... 3- her daughters middle name is Rose and so is mine.  So we had Hailey Rose and Bailey Rose working right in side by side tents.  and last but not least... 4- This one was the best...her husbands name is Darren, and my fiance's name is....you guessed it.  Darren.  How crazy huh?  I wondered to myself if they were a reflection of Darren and I in 15 years.  Anyway, they were super nice and very encouraging and motivating.  So go say hi to Kim and the fam.  


The bad:  The weather was HORRIBLE.  I quickly learned that my pieces of work were very aerodynamic and flew well.  (Thank you Kim's Darren for pointing that out)  I had all these lovely little easels I had painted to hold pictures and those just enhanced the aerodynamic abilities of my photos.  The wind was just awful, knocking everything over, coming in breezes and sudden gusts just killing my display every time.  At first I wanted to just cry but by the end of it all it was more entertaining to see what sort of manner it all flew about each time.  

Then, the rain came...not just a drizzle, but pouring, sheeting, bucket fulls of rain plus thunder and lightening.  I learned that standing water leaks through my tent...and it's important to use something to push the roof up to get it off.  


Hope you enjoy the pictures.  And thank you for all of your support and thank you to those of you who could and did come to see me.  xxxx

Hailey Rose

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a fun time :]

    I'd be so stressed and nervous about doing a show - something I haven't tried yet!

    I love the little wooden log things you have to hold your photos.

    Hope you go on to do loads more!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger